Tasks and Objectives
An automobile manufacturer from Germany decided to replace the legacy data center with a Cisco Nexus data center design. Equipped with 4 Cisco Nexus 7000, 20 Nexus 5000 and 100 Nexus 2000 switches, the manufacturer’s new data center solution is highly scalable and available and provides highest performance in the core network.
Fast Lane was tasked to configure the Cisco Nexus switches and retool the legacy infrastructure for the new Cisco Nexus data center design. The redesign of the top-of-rack (ToR) and end-of-row (EoR) architecture significantly increased the density of server nodes.
Fast Lane Services and Solution
As part of the services and solution package, Fast Lane:
- Planned the logistics of server migration
- Ported legacy servers to the new data center
- Sourced patches and planned passive infrastructure
- Configured the redundant Cisco Nexus systems
- Planned the data center expansion and restructured remote locations
- Provided first- and second-level support