Tasks and Objectives
Fast Lane were appointed by a large service provider to provide comprehensive first-level support for a Cisco DWDM Solution with ONS 15454 equipment for a well established car manufacturer. The optical network was implemented at six locations in a protected design using traditional DWDM services as well as Layer-2 services over DWDM. The availability of the solution had to be 99.9%.
As an experienced optical specialist, Fast Lane also advised and supported the customer in implementing new hardware equipment, reconfiguring the services and upgrading their optical network to the latest software releases. This incorporated both remote and on-site elements, and the use of Cisco Transport Planner (Cisco optical design tool software). Remote access was provided through a secure VPN, which provided a secure connection to the customer equipment.
Fast Lane Services and Solution
- Call in Optical specialist support – 24x7
- Optical specialist incident solving
- Problem check within 2 hours after a call
- Troubleshooting (software and/or hardware issue)
- 4 hours time to repair for software problems
- Identifying hardware problems within 4 hours
- Hardware replacement through customers Cisco Hardware maintenance contract
- Consulting and support for implementing new Cisco DWDM equipment incl. documentation
- Consulting and support for service reconfiguration of existing Cisco DWDM equipment incl. documentation
- Consulting and support for software upgrade of the existing Cisco DWDM ONS equipment