Tasks and Objectives
A large hospital in Germany needed a coach who regularly checks the database systems of the hospital network for stability and optimal configuration. The regular coaching should include both an analysis of the existing infrastructure and advice on new projects.
In addition, the support of the systems should be provided in case of vacation, illness or failure of SQL administrators and administrative activities should be completed promptly.
Fast Lane Services and Solution
- Health check of the installed SQL Server (45 SQL Server instances on various clusters)
- Analysis of maintenance activities
- Reliability of the backup strategy
- Performance analysis
- Performance optimization of SQL Servers, in particular of an X-ray image database
- Index optimization and configuration customization for optimal operation
- 3rd Level support for all SQL Server instances in the data center
- Installation of new SQL Server cluster instances
Data & Analytics