Tasks and Objectives
For a medium-sized company in the waste management industry, the existing Microsoft Exchange 2003 environment should be migrated to Exchange 2013. At the same time, a move to virtualized systems was planned.
A large number of the company's 800 employees work in the field and are linked to the central Exchange System via smartphones. The existing heterogeneous client infrastructure (Outlook and smartphones from different manufacturers, some of which have different versions), should continue to function smoothly after the migration.
Exchange 2003 / 2010-SP3 / 2013, Outlook, Office workstations with business applications, approx. 800 mailboxes, ActiveSync smartphones and tablets
Fast Lane Services and Solution
- Advising the IT team on planning and implementation of the migration project
- On-site support for a two-stage migration of the Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010-SP3, then to Exchange 2013
- Solving the problems encountered during migration
- Creating various Windows PowerShell scripts for specific migration tasks, such as:
- Mass renaming
- Public folders as a prerequisite for successful migration
- Ensuring a smooth transition to the new Exchange solution