Tasks and Objectives
Fast Lane was commissioned to carry out a WLAN site survey for a large hospital in Germany. The hospital is located in a historical old building with various extensions. The WLAN site survey was to be planned, measured and implemented throughout the whole area on a total of seven floors with very different needs from children's wards to intensive care units. The aim was to provide seamless and area-wide WLAN coverage at all stations, including stairwells and elevator cabs.
After the WLAN planning, site survey and implementation, the following objectives were achieved:
- Comprehensive wireless planning for data and VoIP
- Survey of the stations with consideration of individual needs of the respective stations
- Preparation of a site survey report
- Creation of an installation manual
- Comprehensive project documentation
Fast Lane Services and Solution
- As-is analysis of the original WLAN environment
- WLAN planning for a comprehensive infrastructure with AirMagnet Site Survey Software
- Various meetings with different departments to gather information about existing policies and organizational structures
- Test installation of Cisco access points in connection with telemetry devices and verification of the functionality of hospital applications in the WLAN environment.
- Creation of a comprehensive report with installation and optimization suggestions