A perfect security storm is brewing with the shortage of security professionals and the additional vulnerabilities with IoT enabled infrastructures. “Securing Industrial IoT Networks with Cisco Technologies” (ISECIN) aims to narrow this talent gap and upskill security professionals to secure and defend critical IoT enabled infrastructures such as utilities, transportation and smart cities.
This course provides an overview of the IoT enabled industrial verticals (manufacturing, energy, O&G, utilities, process control), architectures, and IIoT security requirements, frameworks, and regulations. Security protocols, vulnerabilities, and the process of securing against the vulnerabilities are examined in depth and practiced in the hands-on lab environment.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the convergent enterprise and industrial IoT architecture, components and applications
- Contrast enterprise IT vs. industrial OT security
- Define layered security requirements from the network edge to the core, and from access to applications layer
- Protect endpoints, communications as well as data at rest and in motion
- Compliance to standards and regulations and auditing
- Understand protocols, applications and IPv6 for IIoT
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat
- Familiarize with common implementation issues
- Assess, monitor and detect vulnerabilities
- Walk through IIoT attacks
- Adopt best practices in design principles and process for securing and segmenting IIoT networks
- Application of the converged security model for the broader industry: manufacturing, utilities, transportation, O&G
- Secure and monitor/detect the IIoT framework with next generation security products and tools